ag⋅gre⋅ga⋅tion
[ag-ri-gey-shuhn]
1. a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.: an aggregation of complainants.
2. collection into an unorganized whole.

I decided to aggregate my rants, comments, favorite post and all those other items into a simple blog.

Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So you think you can sign?

So you swear your kid is a prodigy, 6 month old and the little monkey is babbling that sounds like a goose with a mouthful of peanut butter..

I'm excited to see how Hayden turns out in his early language development. You see when we talk with him, 95 Percent of the time (I forget occasionally) we use both American Sign Language (ASL) and spoken english,  We react to his babbling and/or hand movements accordingly.

I can say at 6+ month I'm positive he understands quiet a bit of what we're saying, and when he babbles he's holding out his arms and fingers moving as if signing (so cute!)

ASL and Babies, is so fascinating to me not only because of my own obvious "UNBIASED" opinion (hello I'm Deaf) Teaching ASL to babies blossomed into mainstream in about 2001 with the book Baby Sign and at the time I worked in a bookstore. Weekly I would have customers come in and ask me to show them where to find the subject. I often would reply back in English and ASL, much to their surprise...

Parents. I have seen the positives, there are no negitives, teach your babies the basics of ASL (milk, mama dada, etc) and the benefits are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment