ag⋅gre⋅ga⋅tion
[ag-ri-gey-shuhn]
1. a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.: an aggregation of complainants.
2. collection into an unorganized whole.

I decided to aggregate my rants, comments, favorite post and all those other items into a simple blog.

Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Music in the heart of the matter.

This is a response to Drew who posted a video on his site "In My Lingo:" that I wanted to share with you all.



Let me first begin by defining Music n. an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony,and color.

While the definition itself is vague according to www.dictionary.com, I want to take into point the final two descriptions. "harmony and color" Music can be found many more forms then just sound. 

In my opinion if a Deaf person enjoys music he will pursue to listen to it, Turning up the volume, putting their leg or other body party closer to the speaker (this changes the acoustic sound into physical sound). some deaf people perceive music through the visual sound. When I saw your video *WHICH I LOVE!!! Thanks for sharing!!* I did not have my hearing-aids in. I simply watched the beautiful playing of the violin and I could feel the music within. My best friend Shannon, who is profoundly Deaf, is a bassist in a heavy metal band. Much like our antagonist violinist he faced early struggles and setbacks having to prove himself to his band mates.

I want to show you another video. i play this video often to myself for relaxation. Try "listening" to it with the sound off (if you do normally use the sound)



Now ask yourself what did you feel, could you sense the music was in flow with her movements?

Enjoy,

Joey

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joey,

    Thank you for reading my blog. You're absolutely right. "Music can be found many more forms then just sound." Your video is an excellent example. At first, I was wondering what is she doing? Then I saw her moving around with rhythm and forming pictures. I realized she was telling us a story as well. She actually took a song and turned it into a 'visual' musical for Deaf people to enjoy. Well done!

    Also, I read your blog. Well articulated and interesting. Good job.

    ReplyDelete