ag⋅gre⋅ga⋅tion
[ag-ri-gey-shuhn]
1. a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.: an aggregation of complainants.
2. collection into an unorganized whole.

I decided to aggregate my rants, comments, favorite post and all those other items into a simple blog.

Enjoy!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

employment

So I'm up this am, before everyone.. coffee in hand, baby monitor in other. Got me thinking about this new role of mine. Many of you know at the present time I'm not employed. Certainly not by choice, and definitely not my preference! This week marks my first week at a new job. One that does not pay but has amazing benefits. I've been hired at Casa de Ponte as a Progenitor in Residence. Say what? A stay at home dad...

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to spend all this time I've missed with my growing monkey pants. He's been amazing to watch grow, learn, and play. I have a thing about providing for my family. I've come to accept my current position temporarily because in many ways I am providing for my family.

I wonder if this is capable of being put on resume?

With regards,

Joey

1 comment:

  1. WELL, having been a stay at home mom, employers call it an "employment gap" in the resume. It is an underappreciated job, but I do think it should get a pay from the system because... when you stay at home, you can bring your child up with paternal values (or maternal ones) instead of learned from school or daycare values. Staying at home might make your son a better person for society (I SAID MIGHT) and i think that should get a pay.

    ReplyDelete