ag⋅gre⋅ga⋅tion
[ag-ri-gey-shuhn]
1. a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.: an aggregation of complainants.
2. collection into an unorganized whole.

I decided to aggregate my rants, comments, favorite post and all those other items into a simple blog.

Enjoy!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Open Letter to NickJR

 This is a letter I sent via online form to NICK JR network, Hayden loves their programming but the inbetween shows have a lot of content not captioned. I would understand it if it was product commercials but it's usually network commercials and puzzle stuff that absolutely should be captioned. I will post any follow ups I get from the network.


Jan 2, 2010


 To Whom it May Concern,
     I am writing to you in both praise and suggestion regarding the content of your television network NickJR. I am the proud father of a 6 month old boy Hayden who has absolutely fallen in love with "Yo Gabba Gabba" and occasionally likes "The Wonder Pets". Your programming I feel is really top knotch and well thought out. My suggestion however follows.
    I myself am profoundly deaf in both ears. My son is hearing but in consideration of the future when we may watch shows together and he may ask me questions, If the said programming does not have closed captioning I cannot follow along. While Yo Gabba Gabba and Wonder Pets are broadcast captioned. your in between "commercial" programming with "Moose" as well as music videos ( I truly love Rachel Coleman's SigningTime!! More please!!!) "Moose" presents puzzles that Hayden just seems fascinated with. I'm not just doing this for myself but think of all the viewers you may have out there with deafness. Closed captioning also allows young and old alike to build their reading skills.
Thank you for your time

Sincerely,


Joseph Ponte
(Contact detail left out here)

1 comment:

  1. I notice many commercials are not captioned, so sometimes I nudge Shannon and fill him in. Sometimes he catches stuff with lip reading, but when they show product with no person and the announcer is babbling, he misses everything.
    I do this for concerts and shows... I just did it because I know the mic gets in the way of the mouth, or the sound system is too loud... or the singer mumbles or inteference noise. I did it at Cannibal Corpse and when the show was over, he said nobody ever did that for him and he thanked me in his own little way. Shannon is special to me and I don't want him to miss stuff.
    SO I started closed captioning my You Tube videos. (which is very time consuming because I gotta type everything I say in accordance to the second I say it and as you can see I get long winded)

    ReplyDelete