ag⋅gre⋅ga⋅tion
[ag-ri-gey-shuhn]
1. a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.: an aggregation of complainants.
2. collection into an unorganized whole.

I decided to aggregate my rants, comments, favorite post and all those other items into a simple blog.

Enjoy!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Person of the Month January 2010

As I promised, I plan to continue honoring people and or groups who make the world a better place for us in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.

Person of the Month
January 2010
Howard Weinstein of Solar Ear Inc 


There is no question, hearing aids an be expensive! I know my own BTE (behind the ear) hearing aids ran $1600 dollars for two. Now imagine your living in a country such as India or Botswana where that can mean a year's salary. Certainly puts better hearing out of reach for millions of people. 

Enter Solar Ear the brain child of Howard Weinstein. His company Solar Ear has managed to create an ground breaking product at a cost that nearly everyone can attain. A digital hearing aid that runs of a battery rechargable by solar power. the battery cost a mear $1 and last 2-3 years (being rechargable) the digital aid itself? about 100 dollars. 

The story is truly even more remarkable, as it brings jobs to Deaf and Hard of Hearing in developing countries. I strongly suggest you read this article to get an understanding how truly humanitarian Mr. Weinstein  is with this project! 


Solar Ear Website can be found here. Click on the American flag to turn text to english...


Mr Weinstein! I Salute you....

Special thanks to G. Lensbower (GFinish) for bringing this important article to my attention...




1 comment:

  1. Hi Joey
    Thanks for the truly kind words and honour. The credit should go to our workers who are deaf and not myself. They developed the product, took a 6 month micro-electronic training course, manufacture the product and basicly run the program both here in Brazil, in Botswana and soon in Palestine. I can't even change a light bulb. Congratulations to them.
    warmest regards
    Howard Weinstein

    ReplyDelete